Welcome to Gaming History 101
This is designed to be more encyclopedia style than anything else, so feel free to browse as you choose. You can check up on the daily posts via our blog in the archives to your right, look here for features, or simply search to your heart’s content. Below highlights some of our main feature articles (aka “lessons”) that have recently gone live.
Why Go Retro? – Contributing writer Derek explains why retro gaming is not only educational and fun, but necessary.
- First Timers: Shinobi (PS2) – In this episode we tackle Sega’s 3D ninja reboot for the first time and pass judgement on it.
- Podcast: You Are Go For Launch – Guest Chip Cella (@CaptinChaos) joins to discuss successful console launches.
- Version: Mortal Kombat – We dissect the differences between most versions of Mortal Kombat in this brief video.
- Retro Game Challenge: Ghosts’N Goblins (NES) - We were dared to beat the NES version of Ghosts’N Goblins. Could we pull it off?
- Podcast: Blue Stinger Game Club - Special Guest Rob “Trees” joins us to discuss the Dreamcast launch title Blue Stinger. What results is a hilarious and informative dissection of yet another survival horror oddity.
- Podcast: Xbox 360 Retrospective - Only a week after the PS4 comes Microsoft’s next console, the Xbox One. As expected, we now tackle Microsoft’s innovative little box that is responsible for many contemporary staples of gaming.
- Podcast: PS3 Retrospective - With the PS4 a few days away, we reminisce the life of the Playstation 3.
- Review: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventure - A solid 3D platformer with one fatal flaw.
- Killzone: Getting Caught Up With the Story - Picking up Killzone Shadow Fall day one for your PS4 and have no idea what it’s all about? We have you covered.
- Podcast: Generation in Review - With the retirement of the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and PSP, we honor the longest console generation in history.